THE BRONX - One person is dead after a propane tank exploded on 2401 White Plains Road, according to police.

Fire officials say the victim, a maintenance worker, was cleaning a propane barbecue grill near a shed and chemicals mixed, causing a massive explosion.

Authorities say the explosion was so powerful that it blew out windows in neighboring buildings.

The victim was taken to Jacobi Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration says it is still investigating the incident.