THE BRONX - At least 10 people were injured and a dog was killed after a large fire ripped through a Bronx apartment building Thursday, officials say.

It happened on East 202nd Street near Valentine Avenue in Bedford Park after 2 a.m.

Officials say at least three firefighters and a 17-month-old girl were among the 10 injured. Two firefighters suffered minor injuries while one suffered more serious injuries, according to officials. 

At least three families lost their homes in the fire and a dog was killed, neighbors say.

A man also jumped from a window and landed on a car below in order to escape the fire. 

Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction from a bedroom air conditioner unit.

The building did not have working smoke alarms.