MANHATTAN - Two bodies were recovered Sunday in the rubble of Thursday's East Village explosion. 

Investigators believe that two missing men -- 26-year-old Moises Lucon and 23-year-old Nicholas Figueroa -- are the ones found in the wreckage. 

Fire officials say that a total of 22 people were injured in the blast and fire, which leveled three apartment buildings. 

With no other victims believed to be missing, the focus has shifted to a cause. Mayor Bill de Blasio says someone may have improperly tapped a gas line beforehand. 

Con Edison said workers discovered back in August that a line had been illegally handled.