THE BRONX - Two children were injured this morning after a fire broke out in their apartment at 12-53 Franklin Ave.

Officials say that the fire broke out in a bedroom and subsequently blocked their exit from both the hallway and fire escape. Firefighters had to crawl through the flames to rescue the children.

The children were taken to Jacobi Medical Center, which has confirmed that the children are in stable condition.

Investigators report that there were candles found in the room that the fire began in.