2 more NYC deaths linked to the swine flu

NEW YORK - (AP) - New York City's health commissioner says two more deaths have been linked to the swine flu.

Dr. Thomas Frieden said Tuesday a 41-year-old woman from Queens and a 34-year-old man from Brooklyn have died - for a total of four since the outbreak started last month.

Earlier on Tuesday, 20 city schools reopened a week after an assistant principal died.

The schools include Intermediate School 238 in Hollis, Queens, where assistant principal Mitchell Wiener became the city's first death from the virus.

Over the weekend, a woman in her 50s died, becoming the city's second swine flu victim and the nation's 11th.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx 1 VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx
2 Bronx Sportscast, April 17
3 Bronx Sportscast, April 24
4 Word on the Street: Dating apps and self-esteem
A man was attacked and robbed inside his 5 Man attacked by 2 teens inside apartment building

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE