THE BRONX - Four homes and a number of Parkchester families are still without power after a nearby five-alarm fire on Wednesday.
The Rosedale Avenue tenants say they've been struggling to get by without air conditioning since two multi-families homes directly behind them were engulfed in flames on Commonwealth Avenue.
One woman is having a particularly hard time because she’s diabetic and has to keep her medication cool. Their neighbor gave up on the conditions, and is staying at a hotel until power is restored.
The Department of Buildings says a licensed electrician must determine that electrical wiring is safe due to past violations for flooding in the homes. It can then give Con Edison the green light to get everything back on.