THE BRONX - Families whose houses were devastated by a four-alarm fire in Wakefield tried to salvage what was left of their possessions today.
Officials say the fast-moving blaze erupted at 4523 Hill Ave. and spread next door to 4519 Hill Ave. Wednesday afternoon.
Rowanti Sanicharre says that most things in her house were destroyed, but after living in her house for 20 years, she plans on rebuilding and hopes insurance will cover her costs.
The Sanicharres say they are especially grateful because they had 10 gallons of gas in the back shed. They say it was a miracle that the fire didn't reach it.
Fire officials are still investigating what sparked the fire.