Apartment fire throws adoption process off-track for BX woman

THE BRONX - A Bronx woman who was planning to adopt two orphans had her plans temporarily derailed today when her Exterior Street apartment went up in flames.

Nannie Hardnett says she was running errands when she received a call from a neighbor saying her apartment was on fire. Hardnett says that she lost everything, including important papers, medications and possessions.

Fire officials say an accidental stove fire is to blame.

Hardnett says that despite all the hardship, she is still planning on working through the adoption.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Bronx residents have long complained about long lines, 1 The Buzz: Post office problems
2 Bronx Sportscast, April 27
VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve 3 VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy
VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury President Dr. 4 VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury president
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party 5 Celebrate Independent Bookstore Day this Saturday

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE