SOUNDVIEW - A basement fire led to power problems for some Soundview residents last night.

Fire officials say they believe electrical wires caught fire under an apartment complex on Thieriot Avenue. They say firefighters were able to get the flames under control quickly, and crews aired out the building.

Officials say there was no sign of carbon monoxide, but residents still say they were concerned. "There was a smell in the air," resident Oscar Velez said. "I don't want to be upstairs with all the smoke."