Busted boiler sends Bronx family to the hospital

A Bronx family was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after suffering smoke inhalation due to a broken boiler.According to neighbors, a mother, her two

THE BRONX - A Bronx family was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after suffering smoke inhalation due to a broken boiler.

According to neighbors, a mother, her two children and a brother ended up in Bronx Lebanon Hospital after inhaling smoke that seeped out of a faulty boiler in the basement of their apartment building at 1327 Teller Ave.

Tenants say they were awakened by the smell of smoke, and many had difficulty breathing. They claim the boiler has not been working properly for over a year, polluting the building with soot.

?My neighbor called with the problem a long time ago, and they don't pay any attention,? says tenant Jenny Perez.

The condition of the family that suffered smoke inhalation remains unknown. The landlord of the building was not immediately available for comment.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
Parents say a norovirus outbreak at P.S. 83 2 Norovirus at P.S. 83 Annex sickens over 100 students
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 4 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
Sophia Lamb, 44, was found by her mother 5 Woman found fatally stabbed in Co-op City

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE