BX salon fills with carbon monoxide, 7 sent to hospital

Officials say a carbon monoxide leak inside a Bronx beauty salon sent customers and employees to the hospital today.Workers at the salon say they only

THE BRONX - Officials say a carbon monoxide leak inside a Bronx beauty salon sent customers and employees to the hospital today.

Workers at the salon say they only knew something was wrong when a co-worker fainted while sitting in a chair.

Con Edison and the FDNY say the cause of the leak was a faulty gas-fueled heating system.  They say it appears the system was not properly vented, causing carbon monoxide to build up inside the salon.

Officials say a total of seven people were treated for high levels of carbon monoxide found in their blood.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Videos from inside the halls and classrooms of 1 Videos capture violent fights inside M.S. 232
News 12 The Bronx hit the streets to 2 Word on the Street: Old TV shows
The Drug Enforcement Administration says drug cartels are 3 Heroin Homeland: Drug cartels in the Bronx
The video shows three boys precariously hanging off 4 Video shows teens 'surfing' on No. 4 train
The family of a 10-year-old injured in a 5 Critics: Corner of Hunts Point and Lafeyette too dangerous

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE