BX woman frets over health in soot-filled apartment

A Bronx woman is worried her soot-filled apartment will affect her family?s health.The resident, who lives in a building on Mandia Street, says she noticed

THE BRONX - A Bronx woman is worried her soot-filled apartment will affect her family?s health.

The resident, who lives in a building on Mandia Street, says she noticed the soot on the wall in her television room in October. She says when she notified her superintendent, nothing was done.

The woman says a few weeks ago maintenance men came to her apartment to investigate the situation. She says they assured her the soot was not coming from her boiler or her chimney.

The woman says her white walls still have a black tint to them. She is now worried about the affects of the soot on her two young children?s health.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Scenes from fatal accident 1 VIDEO: Scenes from fatal accident
News 12 hit the streets to find out 2 Word on the Street: Favorite U.S President
Wings Academy came back from a second-half double-digit 3 VIDEO: Wings Academy wins PSAL Borough Championship
At least 20 cars were damaged when the 4 2nd-floor parking garage collapses on Jerome Avenue
Fire officials say the parking garage on Jerome 5 2nd-floor garage collapses on Jerome Avenue

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE