Carbon monoxide sends four workers to hospital

Four employees at a Bronx air conditioning repair store were taken to the hospital on Friday after being exposed to carbon monoxide fumes.The store?s manager

THE BRONX - Four employees at a Bronx air conditioning repair store were taken to the hospital on Friday after being exposed to carbon monoxide fumes.

The store?s manager was initially alerted to the leak when one of his workers became sick. Four people were taken to Lincoln Hospital while two others were treated in emergency vehicles, officials say.

In total, 25 people were evacuated. The source of the fumes was later determined to be three gas-fired heaters. Employees were allowed to go back to work an hour after the fire department investigated the problem.

The air conditioning repair store and several other offices occupy the building on Walton Avenue.

Con Edison has temporarily shut down the heaters since the evacuation.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Volunteers repaint Bronx River Community Center
News 12 The Bronx hit the streets to 2 Word on the Street: People who take selfies
Police say a 23-year-old man was shot inside 3 Police: Man shot inside Bronx barbershop
Experts offer advice on reducing healthcare costs at 4 Tips to reduce health care costs
Human remains were discovered at a garbage transfer 5 Human remains found at Hunts Point waste station

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE