Dog dies, owner injured after electrical shock

A post-Sandy stroll took a tragic turn for a Bronx resident and his dog in Country Club this afternoon.Witnesses say that 24-year-old Christopher Corrado was

THE BRONX - A post-Sandy stroll took a tragic turn for a Bronx resident and his dog in Country Club this afternoon.

Witnesses say that 24-year-old Christopher Corrado was out walking his pit bull on Jarvis Avenue when he and the dog were struck by a live electrical wire that fell from above.

The dog died, and Corrado was taken to Jacobi Medical Center where he was admitted for observation.

Witnesses say that Con Edison was on the scene, but the live electrical wire was not blocked off, so anyone could walk past it.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Videos from inside the halls and classrooms of 1 Videos capture violent fights inside M.S. 232
A look at the highlights of the 2017 2 Highlights from the 2017 People's Choice Awards
News 12 The Bronx asked residents what they 3 Word on the Street: Inauguration Day
The Buzz: Bronx 3-month old dies after alleged 4 The Buzz: Bronx 3-month old dies after alleged abuse
VIDEO: Nonprofit opens food pantry at East Bronx 5 VIDEO: Nonprofit opens food pantry at East Bronx Academy

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE