THE BRONX - Dozens of Bronx families remain homeless and others are still dealing with the aftermath of a fire that broke out in their apartment building in July.

The six-alarm fire at 975 Walton Ave. broke out on July 18. Since then, one tenant says rain has damaged the ceiling of the building and that the structure is significantly weakened.

Some say they are concerned about the condition of their apartments once they return.

Tenants who were able to move back into their apartments have been living without gas for more than a month. They say their monthly electric bills have skyrocketed because of the problem.

Calls to management have not been returned. In the past, management has said that they are working with the city to quickly restore the gas and let all of the tenants back in.