NEW YORK - (AP) - The driver of the bus that crashed and killed 15people in The Bronx earlier this month broke his silenceMonday, saying he is having trouble coping. "I am having a difficult time breathing," Williams toldWNBC-TV. "I am really hurt about the whole situation." Williams, accompanied by his lawyers, stepped outside hisBrooklyn home and spoke briefly about the March 12 crash. His wife, Holly, said the crash was "a tragic thing for allparties." "The families of the victims are hurting," she said. "We areall hurting together." Williams was driving the Worldwide Tours Bus from a Connecticutcasino to New York's Chinatown when it crashed in the Bronx,killing 15 passengers and injuring 18 others.Investigators are looking into whether he was asleep ordistracted at the wheel. He has not been charged.Sean Rooney, an attorney for Williams, told WNBC-TV thatWilliams has had difficulty sleeping since the accident and is"deeply sorry for the loss of life." He said Williams helpedremove injured passengers from the bus after it crashed.Rooney did not immediately return a call from The AssociatedPress on Monday.Authorities said last week that Williams' driving privileges hadbeen suspended from past infractions under another name, EricWilliams. Rooney told the TV station that Williams was not aware that hisdriving privileges had been revoked. "He never misled anybody," Rooney said. "He fully believed hehad a right to drive."
Schumer seeks audit of all NY tour bus licensesCeremony held in BX for 15 killed in tour bus crash