'Eyesore' Bronx home collapses in blaze

A blaze at a Bronx home with a sketchy past sent smoke and flames billowing into the air Sunday before the building collapsed.Neighbors said the

THE BRONX - A blaze at a Bronx home with a sketchy past sent smoke and flames billowing into the air Sunday before the building collapsed.

Neighbors said the fire started around 10:45 a.m. in a decrepit Loring Place home that only recently acquired a tenant. According to residents, the man, who moved in about two months ago, used a wood-burning stove and space heaters.

A neighbor said he warned the tenant that he needs to find another way to heat his home during the harsh winter weather.

Residents claim the owner has been neglecting the property and only checks in on the building twice a year.

Fire officials say no one was injured.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 2 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
The students at The Bronx Academy for Software 4 Local school celebrates Computer Science Education Week
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 5 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE