'Eyesore' Bronx home collapses in blaze

THE BRONX - A blaze at a Bronx home with a sketchy past sent smoke and flames billowing into the air Sunday before the building collapsed.

Neighbors said the fire started around 10:45 a.m. in a decrepit Loring Place home that only recently acquired a tenant. According to residents, the man, who moved in about two months ago, used a wood-burning stove and space heaters.

A neighbor said he warned the tenant that he needs to find another way to heat his home during the harsh winter weather.

Residents claim the owner has been neglecting the property and only checks in on the building twice a year.

Fire officials say no one was injured.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx 1 VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx
2 Neighborhood Brief for April 23
3 Bronx Sportscast, April 21
Woman claims Fitbit exploded on her wrist 4 Woman claims Fitbit exploded on her wrist
Some local health workers are pushing a new 5 Health workers push Healthy Beverage Zone challenge

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE