Family of slain Bronx teen Ramarley Graham wants Justice Department decision

The teenager’s family says that federal prosecutors are

The teenager’s family says that federal prosecutors are taking too long to review the case.

MANHATTAN - The family of slain Bronx teen Ramarley Graham continued their call for justice during a rally in lower Manhattan. 

The case has been in the hands of the U.S. Department of Justice since last year, and the teenager's loved ones say the review process is taking too long. 

Graham was shot and killed inside his Wakefield home by NYPD Officer Richard Haste back in Feb. 2012. Two indictments against Haste were thrown out last year, so Graham's parents say the Justice Department is their last hope. 

Graham would have turned 21 years old this past weekend. His mother, Constance Malcolm, says she visited his grave on his birthday and spent time with family.

News 12 reached out to the Department of Justice. Workers there say they are still reviewing the case.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A study says 88 percent of walking trips 1 Word on the Street: Walking with GPS
A stabbing at the subway station near Yankee 2 Man stabbed at Yankee Stadium subway station
3 VIDEO: Brooklyn Botanic Garden to host annual Sakura Matsuri Festival
4 Bronx Sportscast, April 24
5 Neighborhood Brief for April 23

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

The unarmed teen was shot and killed by Graham family back in court for civil suit

The family of Ramarley Graham returned to court for a federal civil suit being filed

The family of unarmed Bronx teen Ramarley Graham, No Indictment in death of teen Ramarley Graham

The family of unarmed Bronx teen Ramarley Graham continued their fight for justice after learning

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE