Family sues Department of Education for $5 million after Lehman High School slashing

The lawsuit claims that school security should have

The lawsuit claims that school security should have been more alert.

THE BRONX - The family of a teen slashed at Lehman High School last month has announced a $5 million lawsuit against the Department of Education. 

Authorities say Powell and another student were involved in a fight, and Powell ended up with slashes across his faces. His family says he needed 20 stitches. 

The lawsuit claims that security at the school should have been more alert in the situation. 

News 12 reached out to the DOE, but it said it doesn't not comment on pending litigation. 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A study says 88 percent of walking trips 1 Word on the Street: Walking with GPS
VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx 2 VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx
3 Bronx Sportscast, April 17
4 Bronx Sportscast, April 24
5 Word on the Street: Dating apps and self-esteem

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

According to the Department of Education, two students 2 slashed during fight at Lehman High School

A slashing at Lehman High School Monday morning sent two students to the hospital. According

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE