HIGHBRIDGE - The FDNY has confirmed that candles caused the deadly fire that killed three young children last night in Highbridge.

The fire broke out just after 8 p.m. in an apartment building at 64 West 165th St. Neighbors say no alarms went off when the fire started.

The three victims have been identified as 5-year-old Elijah Artis, 2-year-old Jeremiah Artis and 4-month-old Michael Turner. Their 25-year-old mother, a 4-year-old and a 4-month-old were all treated for smoke inhalation and are expected to be OK.

Police believe the family was using candles because they didn't have electricity. Con Edison says it cut power to the family's apartment on Thursday because of unpaid bills.