FDNY: Child playing with lighter caused Manida Street fire

Fire officials say a four-alarm fire that left dozens of people homeless in Hunts Point was caused by a child playing with a lighter. Firefighters

HUNTS POINT - Fire officials say a four-alarm fire that left dozens of people homeless in Hunts Point was caused by a child playing with a lighter. Firefighters battled the apartment building fire at 754 Manida St. for two hours yesterday.  Residents say they left their homes with minimal possessions and many say they have lost everything. The Red Cross says it is assisting more than 10 families displaced by the fire.

2 tenants critical, 2 firefighters recovering after 4-alarm fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
The students at The Bronx Academy for Software 2 Local school celebrates Computer Science Education Week
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 4 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 5 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE