THE BRONX - The FDNY has determined that the cause of a massive six-alarm fire in Melrose Wednesday is accidental faulty wiring.

Flames swept through 975 Walton Ave., leaving 30 apartments in the south side of the building beyond repair due to fire or water damage. Those residents were forced to find temporary housing, while the north side tenants were allowed back inside.

The Department of Buildings also issued vacate orders at two neighboring buildings, 956 and 958 Gerard Ave., due to a damaged wall that touches all three buildings and is in danger of collapsing.

Red Cross seeks emergency housing for 6-alarm Melrose fire victimsChopper 12 footage over 6-alarm fire in Melrose