FDNY says Grand Concourse fire sparked by child

BEDFORD PARK - FDNY officials say the cause of a blaze that swept through a Grand Concourse shelter was sparked by a child playing with fire.

Firefighters from Ladder 56 rescued a 3-year-old girl and her 1-year-old brother who were found crying on a bed feet from the flames on Friday.

Fire officials say parents should always keep matches and cigarette lighters out of the reach of children.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

New legislation passed by the City Council will 1 Word on the Street: Bedbugs
2 Rangers riding 3-game winning steak into 2nd round of playoffs
3 Rangers riding 3-game winning steak into 2nd round of playoffs
The 100-day mark in Donald Trump's presidency is 4 Hudson Valley grades Trump's first 100 days
Police say Jay Marcello inappropriately touched teenagers while 5 Wantagh man charged with sexually abusing kids at day camp

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE