Fire tears through Parkchester apartment building

A fire that ripped through a Parkchester apartment building Wednesday sent several people to the hospital.The blaze started around 11 a.m., according to tenants of

PARKCHESTER - A fire that ripped through a Parkchester apartment building Wednesday sent several people to the hospital.

The blaze started around 11 a.m., according to tenants of 1910 Benedict Ave. Officials say dozens of fire trucks responded to the call, and several tenants were taken to Jacobi Medical Center. Among them were a mother and her child, who officials say were having trouble breathing.

?I walked around the corner and that's when I saw a burst of flames - there was smoke everywhere,? says resident Wes Alexander.

It is still unknown how many tenants of the building have been displaced. An investigation into the blaze is ongoing.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

The website Glassdoor released its latest list of 1 Word on the Street: Best place to work
2 VIDEO: 2 men rob Bronx deli workers at gunpoint
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 3 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction
News 12 took to the streets to find 4 Word on the Street: Time travel
5 Bronx Sportscast, Dec. 8

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE