Firefighters battle blaze at Gerard Avenue building

More than 50 people were forced out of their homes after a fire at a Bronx building.The blaze broke out Friday morning at 815 Gerard

THE BRONX - More than 50 people were forced out of their homes after a fire at a Bronx building.The blaze broke out Friday morning at 815 Gerard Ave. According to authorities, three people suffered minor smoke inhalation. One of the victims was a firefighter.Firefighters say the blaze is now under control.Witnesses say they believe the fire started in a grocery store below the building.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 2 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
The students at The Bronx Academy for Software 4 Local school celebrates Computer Science Education Week
The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction 5 The Buzz: sisters killed in radiator malfunction

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE