THE BRONX - Lt. Joseph Ginley and firefighter Dave Daly, of Ladder 59, rescued a man from a burning house at 33 Buchanan Place Friday morning.

Ginley says he broke through a third-floor window as the fire burned below him. There he discovered an unconscious man in his 50s. ?Once I found him he was limp, like carrying a sack of potatoes. So I was lucky enough to get him outside of the apartment.?

With the help of Daly, Ginley was able to get the man down two flights of stairs.

The victim was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital in serious condition suffering from smoke inhalation. Fire officials say he was later transported to Jacobi Medical Center and is expected to be fine.

Fire officials believe a burning candle started the fire, but are still investigating.