Good Samaritan saves boy from fire

Residents are calling a Bronx storeowner a hero after he pulled a toddler and his grandfather from a burning building Wednesday.The father of 4-year-old Christopher

THE BRONX - Residents are calling a Bronx storeowner a hero after he pulled a toddler and his grandfather from a burning building Wednesday.

The father of 4-year-old Christopher Ramacharran says Horia "Billy" Cretan ran from his business and rescued his son and the boy's grandfather, who became trapped when a fire broke out at their apartment on Zerega Avenue.

Cretan's sister, Heather Rodriguez, says her brother is just a good neighbor who did the right thing.

Ramacharran was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where he is now recovering.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks 1 VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks neighbors
Con Edison has offered a few tips you 2 Con Ed offers storm safety tips
Police have made an arrest in connection with 3 Police arrest man accused of hiding body parts at Hunts Point waste station
Norwood residents are advocating for more security and 4 Residents demand better security, lighting after man beaten in lobby
Man loses finger after machete attack in the 5 Man loses finger after machete attack in the Bronx

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE