I.S. 74 evacuated due to high CO levels

I.S. 74 was evacuated Wednesday morning after fire officials found high carbon monoxide levels in the building.No injuries have been reported as a result of

THE BRONX - I.S. 74 was evacuated Wednesday morning after fire officials found high carbon monoxide levels in the building.

No injuries have been reported as a result of carbon monoxide levels. A young girl was taken to the hospital after tripping down the stairs during the evacuation, according to an assistant principal at I.S. 74.

The Department of Education says the carbon monoxide appears to be coming from a heating system in the basement.

Fire officials say students should be able to get back within the building and classes may resume.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

The robbery happened at the T-Mobile store located 1 Police: Suspects steal $23K in product from T-Mobile store
An 11-year-old model and actress from the Bronx 2 11-year-old Bronx model, actress invited to Kids' Choice Awards
3 Word on the Street: 'As Young As You Feel Day'
The Dominican-born Bronx artist Francesca Alcantara wants to 4 Kingsbridge artist takes on gentrification
5 Sports icons take part in brain injury awareness forum

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE