I.S. 74 students sent home after CO scare

One student was taken to a hospital for treatment Wednesday after I.S. 74 was evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide.Fire officials say they

THE BRONX - One student was taken to a hospital for treatment Wednesday after I.S. 74 was evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide.

Fire officials say they received a call about a student with a head injury who had fallen down the stairs. When they arrived, they detected high levels of carbon monoxide.

Students and faculty were allowed to return about eight hours after the building was evacuated. School officials say the children spent the first three hours on the playground before they were able to move to an auditorium at P.S. 48.

An assistant principal says class will be in session Thursday morning.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
Parents say a norovirus outbreak at P.S. 83 2 Norovirus at P.S. 83 Annex sickens over 100 students
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 4 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
VIDEO: Winter Wonderland at Yankee Stadium 5 VIDEO: Winter Wonderland at Yankee Stadium

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE