Judge keeps bail high for 8-year-old's suspected shooter

THE BRONX - The new witness that stepped forward in the case of the shooting of an 8-year-old in Soundview last week was not enough to convince the judge to reduce the alleged shooter?s $250,000 bail to $5,000.

Eduardo Rodriquez, 15, is accused of shooting Armando Vigo at a Soundview Deli last week. A new witness has come forward with photographs that show the scene of the crime, but do not show Rodriquez there. The evidence challenges the district attorney's argument that the first witness saw him clearly.

Rodriquez's attorney, Amy Galicchio, says the DA is refusing to reveal the identity of the witness who says Rodriquez is the shooter.

Rodriquez is expected to be back in court March 28 where he will face eight felony counts, including attempted murder.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx 1 VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx
Police have released an image of the man 2 Police release image of alleged Beekman Ave. shooter
A whale stranded at Orchard Beach Sunday was 3 Crews euthanize stranded whale after rescue attempts fail
The New York City nonprofit Guardian Angels stepped 4 Guardian Angels step up patrols in Coney Island
5 Neighborhood Brief for April 23

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE