THE BRONX - A jury found the Bronx man accused of killing his former tenant guilty of manslaughter Monday, after two days of deliberations.
According to prosecutors, Nasean Bonie killed Ramona Moore in 2012 over unpaid rent money. The jury found him not guilty of second-degree murder in the same case.
According to juror Lucy Alonzo Martinez, the jury did not think Bonie acted deliberately, but believed without a reasonable doubt that he was linked to her death.
READ MORE: Bronx Crime Stories
"I feel at ease that justice has taken place," said David Davis, Moore's husband.
As News 12 has previously reported, Bonie would have been the first person in New York tried for murder without police having found a body, but investigators found Moore's skeletal remains in Orange County three years after the slaying.
More than 40 witnesses testified during the trial, but Bonie did not take the stand in his own defense. His sentencing date is set for Aug. 11, when he faces up to 25 years in prison.
Moore's sister, Nicole Moore, cried as the jury announced the verdict.
"My family can finally put this to rest," she said.