THE BRONX - The principal of a Bronx school has sent letters home to parents in response to a MRSA scare earlier this week.
The Lewis and Clark Special Education School said it's not confirmed that there was a MRSA infection in the building Tuesday.
MRSA is an infection caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to antibiotics. In the letter sent out Thursday, it explained that MRSA does not usually spread through a shared environment, such as a classroom.
READ MORE: Education Stories
Parents were upset because they were not immediately informed about the possible infection.