THE BRONX - Students and teachers are taking precautions after a case of MRSA was found inside a Bronx school.

The Department of Education called the case an isolated incident inside Lewis and Clark Special Education on Tratman Avenue. Still, students, teachers and staff wore plastic gloves inside the building today.

MRSA is an infection caused by a strain of staph bacteria that’s become resistant to antibiotics. The DOE says the MRSA infections are common and cannot spread from person to person unless there is close contact such as a school wrestling match.

The DOE would not comment on why the staff and students were given gloves or who was affected by the infection.