Longwood tenants without heat and hot water two weeks after fire on Simpson Street
LONGWOOD - Bronx tenants on Simpson Street say they've been without heat and hot water since moving back to their apartment following a fire at the building two weeks ago.
Some residents at 941 Simpson St. were able to return to their homes after the Jan. 3 fire, but say they’re now struggling to stay warm.
One resident says they were given a 1-800 number to call, but calling put them on hold with management for hours before they got anything.
Read More: Bronx Top Stories
The apartment building has already received a notice of violation from the Department of Housing and Preservation for inadequate hot water. News 12 The Bronx contacted the building's management and is waiting for a response.
The FDNY says overheated electrical wiring was the cause of the fire.