MORRIS HEIGHTS - The medical examiner has determined that a fatal fire on Morris Avenue that left one man dead yesterday was an accident.
Firefighters say they found an elderly man dead on the second floor of the house when battling the flames.
Officials haven't confirmed the identity of the victim, but neighbors say it is likely a man named Willie Russell who had been using candles for light since the house did not have electricity.
The medical examiner says the victim died of burns to his head, torso and extremities.
1 person dead, 6 firefighters hurt after fire in Tremont