THE BRONX - A teenage girl was bitten by a snake that slithered into her Morris Park home early Tuesday morning.

Michelle Do, 14, says she woke up in her second-floor bedroom at 2138 Tomlinson Ave. to discover the snake coiled around her arm. The green-and-white reptile then bit her.

Doctors say Do was bitten by a garter snake, which isn't venomous. She is expected to be fine. The serpent was later killed by firefighters.

A spokesperson for New York City Animal Care and Control says garter snakes are fairly common in the Bronx and are considered harmless.