Morrisania electrical fire sparked by overheated wire

A blaze broke out in Morrisania leaving several children injured and apartments damaged severely.Fire officials say that an accidental electrical fire was sparked when a

MORRISANIA - A blaze broke out in Morrisania leaving several children injured and apartments damaged severely.

Fire officials say that an accidental electrical fire was sparked when a wire overheated, setting the entire apartment into flames.

According to the fire department, the fire started around 3 a.m. in the bedroom and spread rapidly around the entire apartment.

There were five people rescued from the third floor and the flames were able to be controlled. However there is a significant amount of water damage.

Repairs could take up to a month.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they want to talk to a 1 Police: Man wanted for questioning in Bronx burglary pattern
Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11 2 Bronx Weekend Travel Advisory, Dec.10-11
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
News 12 the Bronx asks residents if they've 4 Word on the Street: Holiday parties
FILE - In this Feb. 20, 2012, file 5 Former astronaut, US Sen. John Glenn of Ohio has died at 95

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE