Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Monday, June 29, 2015
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Michael Murphy Memorialarticle Memorial honors Long Island war hero
Donate money toward a bronze star that will be placed on the monument.
To donate contact: email@example.com
Beach Bathing Ban
Due to heavy rainfall, the Nassau County Department of Health is issuing an advisory against bathing at 19 beaches, effective today. This advisory is issued as a precautionary measure for beaches known to be impacted by stormwater runoff caused by heavy rainfall. Stormwater runoff can impact bathing water quality by elevating bacteria levels, which may cause exceedances of the New York State standard for bathing water quality.
14 North Shore Beaches within Nassau County:
Centre Island Sound - Oyster Bay
Creek Club - Lattingtown
Lattingtown Beach - Lattingtown
Laurel Hollow Beach - Laurel Hollow
Morgan Sound - Glen Cove
North Hempstead Beach Park - Port Washington
Piping Rock Beach Club - Locust Valley
Pryibil Beach - Glen Cove
Ransom Beach - Bayville
Theodore Roosevelt Beach - Oyster Bay
Sea Cliff Village Beach - Sea Cliff
Soundside Beach - Bayville
Stehli Beach - Locust Valley
Tappen Beach - Sea Cliff
5 South Shore Beaches within Nassau County:
Biltmore Beach Club - Massapequa
Hewlett Point Beach - East Rockaway
Island Park Beach - Island Park
Merrick Estates Civic Association - Merrick
Philip Healey Beach - MassapequaNumbers:
Health Department (516) 227-9717
Saturday, June 27, 2015
12 Weeks of Summer: Sunscreen Tipsvideo 12 Weeks of Summer: Choosing the best sunscreen
Dr. Dimitria Papadopoulos
2351 Bedford Ave.
Bellmore, New York 11710
Phone: (516) 781-5070
Friday, June 26, 2015
To reduce the mosquito population around homes, residents should try to eliminate stagnant water where mosquitoes breed:
- Dispose of tin cans, plastic containers, ceramic pots or similar water-holding containers.
- Remove all discarded tires on the property.
- Make sure roof gutters drain properly, and clean clogged gutters.
- Turn over plastic wading pools and wheelbarrows when not in use.
- Change the water in birdbaths.
- Clean vegetation and debris from the edges of ponds and keep shrubs and grass trimmed.
- Clean and chlorinate swimming pools, outdoor saunas and hot tubs.
- Drain water from pool covers.
- article Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide
- guide Erin's Adventures: Long Island Aquarium
- guide 12 Weeks of Summer: Food Truck Friday
12 Making a Difference: Pal-O-Minevideo 12 Making a Difference: Pal-o-Mine Equestrian
Pal-O-Mine may be contacted at:
Office: (631) 348-1389
Fax: (631) 348-1451
Pal-O-Mine Equestrian, Inc.
829 Old Nichols Road
Islandia, NY 11749