NORWOOD - Tenants living in a Norwood building were rushed to the hospital Tuesday after they say noxious fumes permeated their apartments, causing dizziness and head pain.
The tenants of 327 E. 206th St. say they called authorities after smelling a suspicious odor inside of their apartments. Fire officials say eight people were taken to area hospitals.
Tenants who live on the fifth floor of the building say the odor may have come from petroleum-based paint the super of the building was using in the basement.
?It smelled like burning paint,? says Johnathan Abad, who lives in the building. ?Decaying stuff, basically everybody got sick.?
Officials say hazmat crews are trying to determine the source of the noxious fumes.