NTSB: Tour bus not hit before fatal Bronx crash

Federal inspectors have found no evidence that acasino tour bus was struck by a tractor-trailer before it crashedin The Bronx last month, killing 15 people.

NEW YORK - Federal inspectors have found no evidence that acasino tour bus was struck by a tractor-trailer before it crashedin The Bronx last month, killing 15 people. A preliminary report on the crash was issued Friday by theNational Transportation Safety Board. It says the bus was going 78 mph about 45 seconds before thecrash. The speed limit at the crash site is 55 mph. Police said the driver, Ophadell Williams, told them his bus wasclipped by a tractor-trailer, which forced him to swerve and crash.Williams' attorney didn't immediately return a call for commentFriday. The bus ran off Interstate 95 on March 12 as it was returningfrom a casino in Uncasville, Conn. It tipped overand slammed into a pole that sheared it nearly end to end. AP wire services contributed to this report

Sen. Schumer calls for audit of tour bus drivers

Ceremony held in the Bronx for 15 killed in tour bus crash

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 hit the streets to find out, 1 Word on the Street: Worst Highway in NYC
Hundreds were on hand to honor an FDNY 2 Family, friends to say final goodbye to fallen FDNY EMT
The incident happened on March 15, inside the 3 VIDEO: Deli Plus Grocery shooting exclusive video
A relatively short-lived wave formation, usually on the 4 5 New clouds added to International Cloud Atlas
Kim Crawford pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the 5 Bronx mother accepts plea deal in son’s death

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE