NY governor: Agreement reached on Sept. 11 museum

(AP) - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says an agreement that paves the way for the completion of the Sept. 11 museum has been reached

NEW YORK - (AP) - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says an agreement that paves the way for the completion of the Sept. 11 museum has been reached a day before the 11th anniversary of the terror attacks.

Cuomo announced the agreement between the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the foundation that controls the National September 11 Memorial & Museum on Monday. The Port Authority owns the World Trade Center site.

The museum once was scheduled to open this year. Work slowed late last year when the subcontractors at the site stopped getting paid.

Almost 4.5 million people have visited the accompanying outdoor memorial since it opened last September.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 hit the streets to find out 1 Word on the Street: Favorite U.S President
Police say Keith Wright was escorted out of 2 Bronx bishop faces assault charge
Surveillance video shows the man placing a $50 3 Man robbed while paying for meal at Burger King
VIDEO: Interview with manager of Mobil gas station 4 VIDEO: Interview with manager of Mobil gas station
5 12 on Health: Foods that help fight diseases

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE