THE BRONX - While winter is nowhere near over, for many residents, the winter has already done damage to their cars with flat tires, bent rims or worse.

The city is reminding residents that it may reimburse for damages as long as certain steps are followed.

The city says that to be reimbursed, a call to 311 must be lodged and an ID number obtained. From there, a form available from the city comptroller must be filled out. If the complaint is approved, the city will pay for the repairs.

Officials are asking residents to report any potholes they see so they can be repaired quickly.