THE BRONX - A great grandmother is dead because a boy playing with a lighter started a raging blaze in the Bronx Saturday, fire officials say.Responders were able to save 67-year-old Carmen Davila from 1136 Croes Ave., but they say she succumbed to injuries at Jacobi Medical Center.

"I couldn't do nothing. I was nothing. I wish I could have gone into the basement to get my mother, but I couldn't," the distraught victim's daughter, Marian Davila, said.

Witnesses say at least seven people jumped from the second and third floors, but no one suffered serious injuries.

The Davilas say out-of-town relatives were visiting and preparing for a birthday party when the fire broke out. The family is now planning a funeral instead of a celebration. Neighbors plan to honor the victim by lighting candles.