Parents urged to keep children away from medicine cabinets

After a 13-month-old died in his Soundview home last Friday after he was given a pill bottle to play with, Bronx officials are telling parents

THE BRONX - After a 13-month-old died in his Soundview home last Friday after he was given a pill bottle to play with, Bronx officials are telling parents what they can do to keep their children away from the medicine cabinet.

Pharmacist Raymond Macioci says that safety tops are a great way to start, but that parents need to do more than just that. He says keeping pill bottles out of reach from children also helps avoid possible poisoning.

Dr. David Listman, from St. Barnabus Hospital, says if all safety measures fail, it is important to act quickly if you think your child may have ingested medications. He stresses that time is of the essence.Police probe death of 13-month-old baby in Longwood

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Videos from inside the halls and classrooms of 1 Videos capture violent fights inside M.S. 232
Witnesses say someone tried to snatch a baby 2 Witness: Suspect attempts to abduct baby from stroller
Police are searching for a man they say 3 Police: Man stole electric tools worth $650
Testimony continued Friday in the departmental trial of 4 NYPD officer who shot, killed BX teen testifies in department trial
Video: President Trump's inauguaration speech 5 Video: President Trump's inauguration speech

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE