Park Ave. tenants back at home

Tenants are back home after being forced to move from their building due to an unstable chimney.Officials evacuated around 350 tenants Sunday following reports of

THE BRONX - Tenants are back home after being forced to move from their building due to an unstable chimney.

Officials evacuated around 350 tenants Sunday following reports of a shaky chimney. Tenants in floors one through five spent the last few days sleeping in the Jackson Community Center Gymnasium.

Workers continue to secure the chimney but officials say it?s safe for tenants.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Puerto Ricans in one Bronx community officially wrapped 1 Puerto Ricans wrap up holiday season in Kingsbridge
Isaiah Williams is currently in the hospital recovering 2 Man recovering after deadly Boston Road crash
A 17-year-old boy was shot in the hand 3 Police: Teen shot after argument in the Bronx
4 Neighborhood Brief for Jan. 15
A two-alarm fire broke out inside an apartment 5 3 injured in Bronx apartment fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE