MORRISANIA - Authorities have begun questioning residents living in the building where police say a 4-year-old fell ill and died on Monday.
Officials from the Department of Buildings, the Department of Homeless Services and other agencies questioned residents at 976 Tinton Ave.
Juan Sanchez, 4, died in the building on Monday. The New York Daily News and others media outlets report that Sanchez may have consumed rat poison found in the building's stairwell.
Residents say that officials were asking how often the building is cleaned. They also say the super has started to pay more attention, and that the building has been cleaner since Sunday.
The Administration for Children's Services says it is actively investigating the case.