THE BRONX - Con Edison had restored heat and hot water Saturday to hundreds of Bronx families that spent the night in the cold.

Nine buildings on Fulton Avenue were affected by a massive outage that was caused by an underground cable fire, Con Edison officials say.

According to emergency services, two buildings had to be evacuated because of high carbon monoxide levels Friday night.

While power had been restored to all nine buildings, officials say it is only a temporary measure. Con Edison will continue working on a more permanent solution next week.