THE BRONX - A quadruple amputee claims his building's poor condition led to the hallway ceiling collapsing on him Saturday.

Byron Breeze, who completed a triathlon last year, said all his training never prepared him for the shock he received while leaving 625 Jefferson Ave.

"I opened the door. I let the chair down the steps and then when the door closed, I was like in the middle of the corridor," Breeze said. "That's when I just heard a cracking sound and everything just got dark."

Breeze claims bricks, plywood and cement came crashing down on him. According to the tenant, contractors had recently been working on the ceiling.

The management company has not returned calls for comment.