Quadruple amputee claims ceiling collapsed on him

A quadruple amputee claims his building's poor condition led to the hallway ceiling collapsing on him Saturday.Byron Breeze, who completed a triathlon last year, said

THE BRONX - A quadruple amputee claims his building's poor condition led to the hallway ceiling collapsing on him Saturday.

Byron Breeze, who completed a triathlon last year, said all his training never prepared him for the shock he received while leaving 625 Jefferson Ave.

"I opened the door. I let the chair down the steps and then when the door closed, I was like in the middle of the corridor," Breeze said. "That's when I just heard a cracking sound and everything just got dark."

Breeze claims bricks, plywood and cement came crashing down on him. According to the tenant, contractors had recently been working on the ceiling.

The management company has not returned calls for comment.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

The website Glassdoor released its latest list of 1 Word on the Street: Best place to work
2 VIDEO: 2 men rob Bronx deli workers at gunpoint
3 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
Signs line windows in the neighborhood that say 4 Norwood neighborhood residents stand up to Islamophobia
5 Bronx Sportscast, Dec. 7

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE