Residents at 2205 Davidson Ave. in Fordham trapped inside building's elevator
THE BRONX - Fordham residents were trapped inside an elevator in their apartment building this morning.
Neighbors at 2205 Davidson Ave. say they got trapped inside the elevator at around 6:50 a.m. Though no one was injured, they say this isn't the first time the elevator has been an issue.
The Department of Buildings' website shows three open violations related to the elevator, including today's incident. An official from the Office of Emergency Management told News 12 the cable from the elevator may have been frayed, which could have caused the malfunction.
Read More: Bronx Top Stories
Repair crews are expected to get the elevator back in service this afternoon for residents.