Residents taken to hospital from heat-related illness

Several residents at an apartment complex in the Bronx were taken to the hospital after power went out in their building.The building at 1271 Morris

THE BRONX - Several residents at an apartment complex in the Bronx were taken to the hospital after power went out in their building.

The building at 1271 Morris Ave. lost power on Saturday. Management was able to partially restore power but residents were unable to use their air conditioners.

Some residents suffering from chronic illnesses had to spend the day in the emergency room.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Bronx Sportscast, Dec. 6
2 VIDEO: Suspect in Sheridan Avenue murder escorted by police
Word on the Street: Amazon Go's checkout-free grocery 3 Word on the Street: Amazon Go's checkout-free grocery store
4 VIDEO: 2 men rob Bronx deli workers at gunpoint
A thief swiped a cash register from a 5 Sources: Thief stole cash register, then cab as getaway car

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 The Bronx nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE