Residents taken to hospital from heat-related illness

Several residents at an apartment complex in the Bronx were taken to the hospital after power went out in their building.The building at 1271 Morris

THE BRONX - Several residents at an apartment complex in the Bronx were taken to the hospital after power went out in their building.

The building at 1271 Morris Ave. lost power on Saturday. Management was able to partially restore power but residents were unable to use their air conditioners.

Some residents suffering from chronic illnesses had to spend the day in the emergency room.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A 21-year-old was critically injured after crashing his 1 21-year-old critically injured in crash on Bronx River Parkway
A violent brawl captured on video Thursday night 2 City Island restaurant brawl captured on video
Police say Timothy Hairston, 27, was shot to 3 Police: Man shot, killed on E. 165th Street
Students at Riverdale Country School are getting the 4 Students at Riverdale Country showcase their art
The pontiff has broken the mold of his 5 Pope Francis is Person of the Year

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE